Taptica’s Winter Holiday Trend Report [Infographic]
November 23, 2017
The final countdown to Black Friday & Cyber Monday is on, which means that the final push into the winter holiday shopping season is in full force.
Though some early-birds have been shopping since early October, and another $18 billion was spent in just 24 hours on Singles’ Day, this weekend still holds a massive $680 billion retail opportunity. And, even after the big weekend, 73% of people will still have at least half of their holiday shopping left to do. So, suffice to say things aren’t set to slow down anytime soon.
With this incredible potential, it’s easy to get caught up in the spirit of the sales and bogged down in your business plans.
We know that the holidays are nothing if not fast-paced and fun – but all too often the busyness of advertisers’ seasonal initiatives leaves little time for much else. So, we wanted to do our small part in bringing some (productive) diversion back to your crazy schedule.
That’s why we’ve collected a fresh new digital holiday trend report, including all your must-see insights and tips for the 2017-18 festive season – and we’re giving it to you for free. After all, they don’t call it the season of giving for nothing.
Check out some of the highlights below, or download the PDF here for the full report.
• Holiday retail sales are on track to hit $680 billion this year, up 4% from 2016
• 108.5 million consumers will shop digitally during the Thanksgiving weekend, with an additional 122.2 million logging in for Cyber Monday
• Over 1/3 of shoppers said their weekend purchases were driven specifically by sales, up 11.4% from 2015
• Online eCommerce sales are predicted to make up 12% of all retail sales for the year
• During the 2016 holiday season, mobile eCommerce increased by 44%
And that’s just the beginning.
Download the PDF here for additional insights, including how digital channels impact purchases, distinctive consumer shopping behaviors, key purchase-influencing factors, and more.
Extending warm holiday wishes, from our team to yours.